Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers - "I Used To Be Color Blind" in the musical "Carefree" in 1938. Song written by Irving Berlin. The dance for this number was shot at four times normal speed to create the slow-motion effect seen when the film is shown at normal speed. "Carefree" is a 1938 musical film starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. The songs in Carefree were all written by Irving Berlin. With a plot similar to screwball comedies of the period, Carefree is the shortest of the Astaire-Rogers films, featuring only four musical numbers. Location filming was done at Busch Gardens in Pasadena, California, and at the Columbia Ranch. Carefree is often remembered as the film in which Astaire and Rogers shared a long on-screen kiss at the conclusion of their dance to "I Used to Be Color Blind," all previous kisses having been either quick pecks or simply implied. Astaire didn't like "mushy love scenes," and preferred that lovemaking between him and Rogers be confined to their dan! ces. Because rumors sprang up that Astaire's wife wouldn't let him kiss onscreen, or that Rogers and Astaire didn't like each other, Astaire agreed to the long kiss at the end of "I Used to Be Color Blind", "to make up for all the kisses I had not given Ginger for all those years. The number "I Used To Be Color Blind" was originally planned to be shot in Technicolor, but color-tests were made, and the transitions from black-and-white to color did not look good, so the idea was dropped. RKO felt that ...
0 comments: